This Chutney also goes well with the Pakora. It's also not as strong because the onions are cooked.
You will need:
- 2 Cups finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 1/3 C packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
1) Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2) Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3) Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
4) Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.