Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Theresa's Acorn Squash


While I was visiting family over Christmas, my sister in-law made THE best squash I have ever had. I normally am not a very big fan of squash, but this was tasty. So of course I had to call her up when I got home to find out how to make such a wonderful squash. Turns out it isn't really a recipe, but more of you put these things together. Needless to say I was a bit wary of making it myself.
Theresa's Acorn Squash
Serves 2 to 12 (depends on size and other dishes being served)
You will need:
  • 1 Acorn squash
  • cinnamon
  • chili powder
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the squash into slices. Cutting along the natural grooves works best and makes good sized slices. Remove all seeds and stringy pulp. Place wedges on their side in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix together (this is where my guessing came into play) 4 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of chili powder. Stir in 3 or 4 T of olive oil or until you have a good sauce consistancy. Spoon this mixture over the wedges. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until squash is soft.

*Note* Eating the skin is not bad for you, just not that tasty. :)

No comments: