Makes ~24 servings.
You will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (quick-cooking or old fashion)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries (~ 6 oz)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Zest orange. To prepare crust, combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle butter and juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
To prepare filling, combine cranberries, sour cream, granulated sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread cranberry mixture over prepared crust; sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
(For Cherry-Oatmeal Bars: Substitute dried cherries for the cranberries and lemon rind for the orange rind in filling.)