I just love this chicken salad recipe. What's not to love: chicken, dried cranberries, curry, apples...what else could you ask for?
Makes 4-6 servings
You will need:
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (Or 2 cans of cooked chicken)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts, almonds or cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 3/4 cup grapes (optional)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- ~1 cup Curry Mayonnaise (see directions below for Mayo)
Steam chicken to cook and dice. Combine with remaining ingredients.
For the Curry Mayo you will need:
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon mild vegetable oil
- 1 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To prepare curry mayo, in a small skillet over low heat, stir together the curry powder and vegetable oil for 30 - 60 seconds, until fragrant. Let cool and whisk into the mayo then add lime juice, honey, and salt.
You can serve this rolled up in lettuce leaves or on buns or bread.