Saturday, April 25, 2009

Corn and Avocado Salad



Google Reader started suggesting blogs for me to read. I find this a little bit creepy, but when bored I will wander. It led me to http://ashleescooking.blogspot.com She has lots of great stuff posted and what is really creepy, she is from my hometown area. How does Google know!? Any who, I thought I would try out this tasty side with a few changes.

Corn and Avocado Salad
You will need:
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 1 ripe avocado diced (I made my pieces fairly large so they don't mush completely when you mix it)
  • 1/4 red onion, minced
  • 1 T minced cilantro (Stephanie I think you could skip this and add more lime)
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
  • Juice of one fresh lime (two limes if they are tiny)
  • salt
  • pepper

Add corn, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix well. Add avocado by folding in gently. Again bigger pieces are good for keeping shape. Chill until ready to serve. For storing leftovers, place saran wrap flush with salad.

No comments: