Google Reader started suggesting blogs for me to read. I find this a little bit creepy, but when bored I will wander. It led me to http://ashleescooking.blogspot.com She has lots of great stuff posted and what is really creepy, she is from my hometown area. How does Google know!? Any who, I thought I would try out this tasty side with a few changes.
Corn and Avocado Salad
You will need:
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 ripe avocado diced (I made my pieces fairly large so they don't mush completely when you mix it)
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 T minced cilantro (Stephanie I think you could skip this and add more lime)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Juice of one fresh lime (two limes if they are tiny)
Add corn, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix well. Add avocado by folding in gently. Again bigger pieces are good for keeping shape. Chill until ready to serve. For storing leftovers, place saran wrap flush with salad.