My mom is the queen of winging it and using what she has to make delicious foods. This cheese ball is her recipe and is very delicious. Some would say that my family is famous for making this for holidays and parties. It is very delicious!
You will need:
- 1 - 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 an onion finely chopped (more or less depending on how strong of an onion it is)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted crackers
Using your hands or two spoons, mix together the cream cheese, garlic, onion and Worcestershire sauce. After it is thoroughly mixed slowly mix in the shredded cheese, about a 1/2 cup at a time. If you put it all in at once it will not distribute evenly. Form into a ball, cover and chill for at least an hour. The longer it sits (say overnight) the better married the flavors will be. Enjoy!