A fun, simple dessert. I was surprised by how easy these were to make.
This recipe is from a delicious dessert cookbook I got awhile ago.
What you will need:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp butter, divided
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
3 squares semi-sweet chocolate for baking (or 1/3 cup semi-sweet morsels)
1 1/4 cups dry-roasted peanuts (or almonds)
1. Add peanut butter and 1/4 cup butter to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on High for 1 minute or till melted, stir. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, till easy to handle
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Roll 1 tsp of peanut butter mixture into a ball and place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining mixture and refrigerate 15 minutes.
4. Place chocolate and remaining butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on Hogh for 1-1 1/2 minutes until melted and smooth, stirring after 1 minute.
5. Chop peanuts and place into a shallow dish for coating step.
6. Roll truffle in the melted chocolate then roll on peanuts and return to parchment-lined pan. Repeat with remaining truffles. Chill again, this time in an air-tight containertill ready to serve.