This salad is very delicious. It is a nice refreshing summer meal. I would actually be happy with leaving the arugula out and just making the Chicken and Orzo as a pasta salad...but that's probably because I LOVE orzo :)
This recipe is an adaptation from Cooking Light's recipe with Goat Cheese one bonus though is that this recipe is fairly good for you.
What you will need:
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 cups chopped grilled chicken breast strips (I used the frozen Tyson ones)
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup prechopped red onion (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled low fat feta cheese
- Start by cooking the the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- Combine pasta, chicken, arugula, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, basil and oregano in a large bowl and toss well.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture over past and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
This makes about 6 (1 1/3 cup) servings.