This is a really simple recipe that is absolutely fabulous (Sorry that the picture isn't the best)! Especially when served with Lime flavored chips :) I forgot how much I missed avocado until a recent trip to Mexico. When I got home I HAD to make this :) Bonus, it's from Cooking Light...ENJOY!
You will need:
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (1 small)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled avocado (about 2)
- 1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomato (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
(I recommend adding a little more vinegar ~1 Tablespoon or so and possibly a little more hot pepper sauce.)
1) Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; toss mixture gently. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
2) Stir in avocado and remaining ingredients just before serving.