A potato take on the always delicious nachos.
You will need:
- 2 large baking potatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 2 T taco seasoning
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 or 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- sour cream for serving
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potato slices with the olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper and a little salt. Arrange potatoes in a single layer and bake until golden brown, around 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a skillet brown the ground beef. Once cooked through, add the black beans, taco seasoning and 2 Tablespoons of water. Stir well. Simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the potatoes to an oven safe baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Then spoon on the meat and bean mixture. Top with the remaining cheese, green onions and tomatoes. Return to the oven and turn off the heat. Let stand 3 or 4o minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream. If desired you can also serve with tortilla chips to scoop up the extra goodness.