Friday, January 15, 2010

Asian Beef and Noodles in the Crockpot


I am trying to use my crockpot more to make easy delicious meals. I looked around and found a recipe I wanted to try on a blog my sister emailed me.

Asian Beef and Noodles
Serves 4
You will need:
  • 2 - 16 oz packages frozen stir fry vegetables
  • 1 - 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin or other lean steak, cut into 1" cubes
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle stir-fry sauce**
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 2 packages ramen noodles, broken
  • 3 or 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup hot water

Coat a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray (this makes clean up a breeze!). Place one package frozen vegetables in the bottom and top with cubed meat. Pour on top stir-fry sauce, broth, and red pepper.

Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 -5 hours About 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, pour in the other vegetable package, the hot water and the ramen noodles(discard the spice packets). Stir noodles and green onions into meat mixture. Cover and let stand 20 to minutes. Stir before serving. This can be kept on warm for 1-2 hours.

**Note about sauce** I used General Tso sauce because it has far less sodium than your regular soy sauce based sauces. It was delicious and I highly recommend it as it lowers the sodium quite a lot!

No comments: