I love black bean hummus! Want to know why it is better than regular hummus? There are no chick peas/garbanzo beans. So when I saw this recipe I decided it needed some modifying and it would be delicious.
Spicy Black Bean Hummus (modified from Cooking Light)
You will need:
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T tahini (you can find it with the peanut butter)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small jalapeno, quartered
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Box of Peppridge Farm wheat crisps of tortilla chips with no salt
Place the garlic in a food processor or tall cup of the magic bullet. Process until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients (except wheat crisps or tortilla chips) and process until smooth. Serve with the crisps or tortilla chips.